1. Original, unpublished manuscripts should be sent for evaluation by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Editing of the paper should follow these guidelines:
- The text should be presented in Microsoft Word (or compatible format) typed in Times New Roman 11 p. and 1.5 spacing.
- Tables, figures and maps should be included in the text and numbered consecutively. They should include title and source and their quality should guarantee correct editorial treatment.
- Equations and formulae, whether numbered or not, should be edited using MathType or another MSWord-compatible processor.
- All notes should be numbered consecutively throughout the text with superscript Arabic numerals, with their contents at the foot of each page typed single spaced and 9 p.
- Sub-sections should be numbered downward (e.g. 1., 1.1, 1.1.1, and so on).
- The total length of any paper should not exceed 25 pages DIN-A4 (8,000 words), including tables, figures, maps and references.
- A template can be downloaded.
3. Each text should be preceded by a single page containing the Title of the paper, and the Name(s) of the author(s) followed by their affiliation, together with the address, telephone, fax and e-mail of the corresponding author. A short abstract of around 100 words (8 lines), drafted in both Spanish and English, typed in Times New Roman 9 p and single spaced, together with no more than four key words (in English and Spanish) and the JEL classification (2 digits) should also be included.
4. Bibliographical references appearing in the text or in the footnotes should cite only the surname of the author or authors (in small letters), with the year of publication in brackets. References should be listed in full at the end of the paper, ordered alphabetically and in the following standard forms:
Paper in Journal:
HARRIS, M.; DAVIS, H.; SAW, E.L. y MAC-MILLAN, M. (2005). “Writing in Financial Times” en Journal of Financial Accounting, 44(2), pp. 25-60.
MARTÍNEZ, L. y FERNÁNDEZ, J. (2002). La suerte está echada. Madrid: Delta Publicaciones.
Chapter in multi-author volumes:
SÁNCHEZ, L.J. y MÉNDEZ, J. (1995). “El papel del hombre y la mujer en la sociedad de hoy”. En Moya, J.L. (ed.): Hombres y mujeres juntos (pp.25-38). Madrid: Delta Publicaciones.
KARIN, M. y LÓPEZ, J.L. (2006): El espacio cibernético. Documento de trabajo. American Society of Cibernetic Progress. http://www.ciber.org/edu/astic_men /archive/0025.pdf. [Último acceso: Mayo de 2007].
5. The Editorial Secretary will acknowledge by email receipt of the original. The work received, and deemed consistent with the editorial line, will undergo double blind review process (anonymous). These referees will determine if the paper a) is acceptable for publication in its current state, b) can be posted including the suggested changes, c) should be rewritten in response to the referee considerations to be re-evaluated or d) is not acceptable for publication . In case of discrepancy between the two referees, the text will be sent to a third person, whose decision will define its publication. Acceptance, rejection or request for changes will be communicated as soon as possible to the authors (possibly within three months of receipt of the original)
6. Proofs of accepted papers will be sent to authors. They should be corrected and returned to the publisher as soon as possible (within one week).
7. Accepted papers not matching the monographic topics will be published in the Open Section in the first available issue, and will carry the date of receipt and acceptance.
8. Papers accepted for either the Monographic or the Open Section will be published immediately in the electronic version of the journal. Estudios de Economía Aplicada is not an Open Access journal. The published articles have a 2-years embargo period, except for subscribers.
9. Authors should accept dissemination of their papers both in printed and electronic form with no copyright compensation.
10. Estudios de Economia Aplicada might include a brief description of doctoral dissertations, especially those related with monographic topics.
11. By submitting a manuscript, the author(s) agree that, if the manuscript is accepted for publication, the exclusive right to use the article for any editorial exploitation, without space limits and with every modality and technology, will be transferred to Estudios de Economia Aplicada.